Compassionate care for the dying, the dead and the bereaved
© 2014 AwenMôn Cyf: Company No. 08942478
For further details or to enquire about booking the course please Contact Kristoffer Hughes
* The function of death midwifery the Amicus Mortis and the role of the Doula.
* The exploration of philosophical questions about death, what it means to die.
* How to work alongside medical professionals and funeral directors to create a sacred space prior to and after death.
* Exploration of the art and role of the celebrant.
* To understand the function of grief.
* How to develop active listening and compassion skills for the dying and the bereaved.
* How art and creativity can help create meaningful ceremonies.
* The function of funerals and mortuary rituals.
* Choices such as alternative funerals, green burials and coffins.
* How to care for the body after death.
* Practical techniques for safe lifting, bathing, blessing, anointing and dressing your beloved dead.
* Alternative forms of refrigeration and keeping the body cold.
* Dealing with traumatic death injuries, contagious diseases and other health risks.
* The legal paperwork required, plus other legal requirements to safeguard both the dead and public health.
* The role of the Coroner and Registrar.
* Envisioning our own death and facing our fears.
* How to deal and reconcile with tragic and or sudden deaths.
* Reconciling with murder and suicide.
Courses cover the following -
Isle of Avalon Foundation
DATES COMING SOON!
2 day intensive - including all course materials, certificate, beverages and snacks.
£150 per person